Classic Golden Vanilla Cake Mix
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use classic golden vanilla cake mix.
Enjoy the taste of a classic golden vanilla cake that is easy to make and all-natural! Most traditional cake mixes have additives and preservatives and this one from Alberta Naturals has none! All you need to do is add a few simple liquid ingredients and then bake. Treat yourself to a piece of pure, moist and delectable cake that you can enhance with any topping you choose from frosting to fresh fruit and whipped cream!
Recipes, Tips and Ideas
Vanilla Butter Cream
- Yields Vanilla Butter Cream for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
1/2 cup cold Butter
1 cup + 1/3 cup icing sugar - sifted
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Milk or Heavy Cream
- In a mixing bowl add cold butter and beat with a paddle attachment until soft, scraping down the sides every few minutes.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl then slowly add sifted icing sugar to mixer while the mixer is on speed 1 until all the icing sugar has been added.
- Leave mixer on speed 1 and add in vanilla and milk.
- Once all the ingredients have been added, mix and then scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and turn mixer onto speed 2.
- Mix the butter cream till smooth and fluffy. Do not over mix. Apply butter cream using an offset spatula to the top of the cake or place the butter cream into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the 12 cupcakes.
Chocolate Butter Cream
- Yields chocolate butter cream for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
1/3 cup cold Butter
1 heaping cup Icing Sugar - sifted
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder - sifted
1 Tbsp and 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Milk or Heavy Cream
1) In a mixer with a paddle attachment add in cold butter and beat until softened, scraping down the sides of the bowl every few minutes.
2) Sift icing sugar and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl. While the mixer is on speed 1 slowly add the sifted cocoa and powdered sugar to butter until all of it has been added in.
3) Leave mixer on speed 1 then add in vanilla and milk to mixing bowl, after a minute stop mixer and scrape down bowl sides.
4) Turn mixer onto speed 2 and beat until fluffy and smooth.
5) Do not over mix butter cream. Once the butter cream is smooth, apply the chocolate butter cream with an offset spatula to the top of the cake or add it into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the 12 cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Butter Cream
- Yields Cream Cheese Butter cream for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp cold Butter
1/3 cup cold Cream Cheese
1 cup + 1/8 cup Icing Sugar - sifted
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Milk or Heavy Cream
1) In a mixer with a paddle attachment add butter with cream cheese and beat till soft and smooth scraping the bowl every few minutes to ensure everything is being incorporated. Sift icing sugar in a separate bowl.
2) Slowly add sifted icing sugar to mixer while mixer is on speed 1. Once Icing sugar has been incorporated, add in vanilla, lemon juice and milk. Mix slightly then scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
3) Turn mixer onto speed 2 and mix till smooth but, not overly soft. This icing should to be thicker so it’s easier to pipe with/apply.
4) Apply the cream cheese butter cream using an offset spatula to the top of the 9” cake or prepare a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the 12 cupcakes.
*If you are not going to use the icing or enjoy the iced cake/cupcakes right away, it is best to decorate the cake/cupcakes right away and then store in the fridge until ready to prevent icing from going soft.
- Yields Honey Drizzle for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Honey
1) Put butter and honey in a sauce pan and place on the stove top on medium-low heat.
2) Gently heat, stirring and monitoring constantly to make sure butter doesn’t burn.
3) When butter and honey are melted, stir to combine and remove from heat and cool slightly, 1 -2 min.
4) Carefully pour over warm cake (still in tin), let cool completely before removing from tin and serving.
Variation: Try adding 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the liquid butter/honey mixture!